Churches Together in Britain and Ireland (CTBI) is looking to recruit for a newly created position of Executive Officer for Justice and Inclusion.
In recent years CTBI has undergone a series of far-reaching changes in structure and organisational culture and has emerged with a clearer focus on serving and resourcing its member Churches and organisations. As part of this ongoing change, the Executive Officer for Justice and Inclusion will develop an integrated approach to networking, arising from the knowledge, experience, needs and possibilities of the member churches regarding refugee/migration, racial justice and associated hate crime issues. There needs to be a consistent emphasis on delivering imaginative programmes rooted in dynamic partnership within the range of themes addressed by CTBI.
- Personal experience, understanding of and empathy with minority ethnic communities in Britain and Ireland
- A strong personal commitment to racial justice and social inclusion
- An ability to facilitate effective dialogue
- A desire to support and encourage Churches in Britain and Ireland to develop more effective ways and means of working for racial justice, facilitating engagement with migration/refugee and trafficking issues, and hate crime
- Educated to University Degree level as a minimum
- The ability to negotiate and work effectively with organisations at different levels, including community groups and national institutions
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others as a member of a team and on a project basis
- Ability to plan, monitor and evaluate activities to achieve objectives, to deal with conflicting priorities and ensure deadlines and objectives are met effectively
- Good oral and written communication skills including computer literacy, with particular reference to Word and Outlook
- Good personal administration and organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
Circa £50,000 per annum
Permanent – Full Time
Download the appointment briefing and apply via Prospectus