Power to Change, an independent charitable trust, is taking applications for a £10 million Community Business Fund financed by the Big Lottery Fund. Applications are open from 26 April until 1 June 2016.
Proposals will not be accepted that promote the advancement of religion but Power to Change says this does not prevent faith groups from applying for a project which has another charitable purpose.
To be considered for funding, projects and organisations must be incorporated, based in England, and will need to show clear evidence on how they meet each of 11 criteria:
- Community businesses
- Share Power to Change’s impact goals
- Charitable purpose
- Public benefit
- Growth and viability
- At least one year of accounts
- Must be ready to start work within six months of accepting grant offer
- Full costs will not be funded so must also have other funding sources
- Satisfy EU regulations around State Aid
- Grant application between £50,000 and £300,000
- Specific criteria for funding capital or revenue costs
For more information and full guidelines on how to apply for the Community Business Fund see the Power to Change website.