An international women’s delegation to South Korea is being organised on May 23-26 2018 by Women Cross DMZ and the Nobel Women’s Initiative. They are partnering with the Women’s Peace Walk, a coalition of more than 30 women’s peace organisations in South Korea, to convene an international delegation of thirty seasoned feminist peace activists.
The organisations say it is urgent to demonstrate international solidarity with the peace and women’s movements in Korea: ‘Our delegation will ensure that leaders from the two Koreas, United States, China and other countries that participated in the Korean War understand that citizens in these countries and around the world want this peace process to succeed’.
Programme for the delegation:
- Solidarity between international and South Korean movements through educational and civil society exchanges
- Candlelight vigil at Gwanghwamun Square in Seoul
- Seoul International Women’s Peace Symposium at the National Assembly
- Meeting with key government officials (South Korean and foreign embassies)
- Women’s DMZ peace walk in Paju
For more details see the Women Cross DMZ website.