During Refugee Week a guide to refugee law in the UK is available free from the Free Movement blog from Colin Yeo, a barrister, writer, campaigner and consultant specialising in immigration law.
The book looks at:
- What is the legal definition of a refugee?
- What level of danger or suffering is necessary before a person qualifies as a refugee?
- Can victims of non state violence, for example victims of ISIL, qualify for refugee status?
- Do refugees need to claim asylum in the first safe country through which they pass?
- How do decision makers judge whether an asylum seeker is telling the truth?
- Can war criminals qualify for refugee status?
Download from the Free Movement website (enter the code refugeeweek at checkout to receive for free).