Church Action on Poverty’s annual conference on 18 November 2017, in Sheffield, provides the opportunity to hear how churches are listening to people in poverty and share ideas for how we can stand alongside those on the margins.
The ‘Church of the Poor’ project explores how we can build what Pope Francis has called ‘a poor church that is for the poor’. At the conference, stories will be shared of the transformation that takes place when churches truly value, listen and include people in poverty.
- Prayers and shared worship.
- Inspiring stories from churches, projects and people with lived experience.
- Hear how your support of Church Action on Poverty has an impact on the root causes of poverty.
- Round table conversations and discussions – share your own experiences and ideas.
- Speakers exploring challenges and opportunities.
- Panel discussions.
- Church Action on Poverty AGM.
10am to 4pm.
St Mary’s Conference Centre, Sheffield. Maps and directions will be sent when you book a place. The building is fully accessible, and well connected to public transport links.