A growing list of organisations including Church Action on Poverty, Oxfam, the Sustainable Food Cities Network, the Trussell Trust, the Feeding Britain Inquiry, and the Fabian Commission on Food and Poverty have called for stronger and more coordinated national and local government action to reduce food poverty.
A broad range of groups across the country are now exploring how to build a more powerful national campaign to end food poverty and hunger in the UK in 2016. You can find out more at a number of regional events:
- London City Hall, 3:30–5:30pm, Tuesday 10 November
- North Road Methodist Church, Durham, 2:30–4:30pm, Tuesday 17 November
- Bridge 5 Mill, Manchester, 3:00–5:00pm, Monday 23 November
- Sheffield Political Economy Research Institute, 2:30–4:30pm, Wednesday 25 November
- Birmingham Public Health, 3:00–5:00pm, Monday 30 November
- Cardiff (details tbc)